Can you connect any device, regardless brand or protocol to DCIM?
Yes we can. We support more then 1500 different protocols among them SNMP, OPC, Modbus and BacNet, so connecting devices from any brand / protocol is possible.
Do you support iPhone, iPad or Android
Yes, we support HTML-5. HTML-5 graphics can be shown on any mobile device including iPhone, iPad, Android Telephone, Android Tablet and Windows Phone.
Do you support redundancy
Yes. We can deliver DCIM in a full redundant set-up with bumpless transfer.
Can we do our own engineering?
Yes that is possible. Instead of a run-time version you can buy a development license. During our 5 days course we teach you how to modify everything you want and we also deliver the sources of the modules you have bought.
What is the main difference between Perf-IT and your competition.
It is always difficult to give a general statement about what is different between DCIM from Perf-IT and our competition. Generally speaking the main differences are:
- we do not have to program our DCIM solution as a normal DCIM/BMS supplier but we use standard blocks together with a auto-software-generationtool
- we deliver DCIM as a turn-key running application. Many of our competitors deliver only a license and a training
- we deliver only software and are not a part of an equipment or hardware supplier. Therefore we deliver an open industrial application that is able to integrate with any devices / software package, regardless brand or protocol
- for our projects we developed rapid deployment tools. These tools are also available for our partners and customers so they / you can deliver / engineer DCIM based on a proven library of datacenter building blocks
- we deliver DCIM since 2007, so we have a proven track record
Do you support alarm escalation
We do have an escalation module that sends out SMS or Email. The escalation speed depends on the severity of an alarm and is user configurable.
Do you also deliver 24/7 support
Yes. we have a 24/7 support organization.
Does DCIM run in a virtualized environment?
Yes, we support VM-Ware, Citrix and Hyper-V
Is DCIM scalable?
Our smallest application is a computer room of 20m2 and our biggest is 16.000m2. In this installation we connected 45.000 devices to our system and all devices are scanned every 10 seconds. Growing even bigger is no problem, so yes, our application is scalable
Is DCIM suitable for Retrofit Datacenters or only for New Build?
Our DCIM is suitable for both new build as retrofit datacenters. Looking at our customers, around 70% of the datacenters are new build and 30% exciting datacenters. Within our DCIM solution we have 1500 different protocols available, therefore the change that a device can not be connected is extremely small. Next to that, we deliver our DCIM in a modular set-up. So connection devices and DCIM investments can go in the same pace.