Do not invest in DCIM !
(When you need to tick one of the checkboxes below)
▢ Someone in the board read an article on the advantages of DCIM and told you to do so
▢ You want to have the latest technology, no matter what
▢ You’ve been against DCIM for years but now you’ve run out of arguments
▢ Other datacenters have DCIM as well
▢ You want to gather data but still have to find a purpose for it
As a DCIM solution vendor we know that DCIM can make your life a whole lot easier, but we rather decline on selling it to you if we think that you will not be using it. Our best customers are the ones that experienced the benefits of a DCIM solution when it solved an actual problem or supported them in their daily operations. If you don’t feel that there is a problem ( you work already extremely efficient and without errors) then DCIM will probably not be your best way to move forward. The chances that the DCIM software will not be used after all (and become so called ‘shelfware’) are more than likely. In most cases our contact with our potential customers starts with a actual problem or operational need that needs to be solved or supported. That can be anything like:
- missing out on money by not being able to invoice the right amount of energy consumption
- experiencing unforeseen outages
- not being able to give proof of redundancy
- not getting a grip on the right combination of inlet/outlet temp and airflow
- reduce the energy consumption
- offer your customers additional services like remote hands
- customers want to have inside information or need a dashboard.